Reduce Fuel Expenses With GPS Fleet Tracking
Today’s elevated fuel prices cause fleet managers to spend as much as 30 percent of their budget on fuel alone. Fleet managers that aim to maximize their vehicles MPG performance with the use of fleet management technology can quickly lower those fuel costs.
The Us Department of Energy reported that gas mileage decreases rapidly at speeds above 50 mph. You can assume that for each 5 mph you drive over 50 mph is like paying an additional $0.25 per gallon for gas.
To start realizing a fast ROI here are a few tips on how you can cut fuel costs through GPS fleet tracking:
- Stop Unnecessary Idling. Our GPS fleet tracking devices come equipped with in-vehicle alerts (beeping) to prompt the driver to turn off the vehicle.
- Improve Your Routes. Give drivers better direction by creating zones in our vehicle tracking software. This will help your drivers arrive at their destinations faster and save you money.
- Reduce Speeding. Create in-software rules that will warn drivers when they should slow down through our audible driver alerts.
- Put an End to Unauthorized Vehicle Use. Always know when your vehicles are in use and where they have traveled through trips history.
- Start Using a Fuel Card. Track driver and company wide fuel purchases.
The ongoing increase in fuel prices are due to various reasons including natural disasters, political issues and of course the overall high demand and reliability on fuel. To help you cope with these increasing prices and reduce your overall fuel consumption please contact us today.