Secure Data Thanks to Geotab
Both GoFleet and Geotab understand how important security and privacy is to My.Geotab’s over 140,000 users. Therefore Geotab takes all the necessary precautions to ensure the security of its users data. Geotab actively manages all client data in their secure facility in Canada. Geotab’s gateway server handles the transaction of data between vehicles over the cellular network, and into the device management gateway, before the data is sent to the My.Geotab hosted service. The service is monitored continuously, on a 24/7 basis, by Geotab’s Technical Support engineers. Stress testing
to determine data latency (the time between data requests and answers) and breaking points is important to optimize performance. Geotab monitors the network and internet uptime by different cellular network carriers.
Some of the key datacenter security points are listed below:
- Geotab’s gateway server in Canada supports all global customers, including partners in Australia using the Telstra network.
- The gateway on average processes more than 10,000 log records per second, and is designed to scale for large customers, including Geotab’s largest customer that has 80,000 connected vehicles all in one database.
- The Geotab gateway and IT architecture scales horizontally for seamless load balancing.
- Geotab’s gateway and the My.Geotab servers are hosted at Q9 which is one of the world’s most secure data centres also hosting the biggest banks and insurance companies in Canada.
- Geotab owns their own servers within Q9 and always uses best practices to prevent any unauthorized activity.
- All Q9 facilities offer state-of-the-art physical access controls, full power, and multiple location facilities. These data centers don’t allow on-site, third-party visits and will only allow authorized personnel to access the locations.
- All Geotab-owned equipment is contained within access-controlled racks and cages. Only Geotab staff has access to the equipment, and each staff member has to pass through access control points.
- All equipment and facilities are monitored 24 hours a day by security personnel.
Want to learn more about GoFleet & Geotab’s GPS fleet tracking
services? Contact one of our highly trained fleet consultants today
! [email protected] | 1-888-998-1122 Original Article Written By: Eduardo Granda, Sales Manager at Geotab