The potential of telematics, also known as GPS fleet tracking, is huge. Think of it as a mobile phone for vehicles, it can tell you where it is and what it’s doing whenever the vehicle is running.
- You Can’t Manage What You Can’t Measure. With telematics you can determine a vehicles mileage, performance, location and speed and compare it to other similar vehicles or vehicles in your fleet to gauge performance. For fleet managers to properly understand and enhance their metrics, telematics is key.
- Competitive Edge. From limousine services to national delivery companies, if your business uses vehicles for day-to-day operations it can benefit from gps vehicle tracking. Telematics allows businesses to improve response time, plan routes to spend less time driving, and of course lower fuel and maintenance costs. Gain competitive edge over the competition with GPS fleet tracking.
- Cheaper Insurance. GoFleet has developed a partnership with Mutual Liberty and can offer a discount between 10-40% for fleets of 20 or more (US based customers). There are also many other insurance companies that will often offer discounts if you provide them with a snapshot of your drivers information. This way they are in a better position to offer competitive quotes for good driver behavior.
- Improved Dispatch and Customer Service. Telematics allows you to improve efficiency and response time. Make your customers happy and keep them coming back to you for future services. Enhance and improve your sales, lower costs and increase profits.
- Maintenance Management. With the help of telematics never miss another oil change or tire rotation again. You can set up maintenance reminders and alerts to be notified when maintenance needs to be done on each vehicle. Since the devices plug right into the vehicles computer (ECM), you will also be able to see the same messages the mechanic would see and get notified of any engine faults. You can fix any issues before they become something serious.